Akins-Brewer: Store Policies
- Delivery for In-store Purchases
- Delivery for Online Purchases
- Returns for In-store Purchases
- Returns for Online Purchases
- In-store Special Orders
DELIVERY FOR IN-STORE PURCHASES
At Akins-Brewer, we strive to provide convenient same or next day delivery service at a fair and affordable price.
All deliveries within Oxford County are subject to a $15 Fuel Surcharge. Deliveries within Oxford County with a value under $1000 before taxes are also subject to a $25 Delivery Charge.
For deliveries of greater distance, or outside Oxford County, please contact us for pricing.
While we will make every reasonable effort to place your product as close as possible to where it is to be used, extra services including but not limited to rooftop boom delivery, basement drywall delivery, and placement of product anywhere other than where it can be dumped via flatbed truck or mechanically set down by our forklift or boom trucks will incur additional charges.
Clear communication by our customers regarding specific delivery concerns and situations at point of order is extremely helpful in ensuring a successful delivery experience.
DELIVERY FOR ONLINE PURCHASES
The shipping fee for online purchases is automatically calculated by the system for most orders. If the system is unable to calculate a shipping fee (e.g. an over-sized item), then we will contact you with your shipping options. If you select "In-store Pickup" for your online order, then no shipping fee is added.
If you chose to have your order delivered to you, please allow 15 to 30 days to receive your order. If you have chosen to pick your order up at our store you will be notified of when your order is ready to be picked up. Please allow 15 days for a pick up notification.
After placing your order, you may click the "My Account / Order Status" link at the top right hand side of our site to track the status of your order.
You will receive a shipment confirmation when your order has shipped and tracking information within 24-48 hours of shipment.
RETURNS FOR IN-STORE PURCHASES
Returns of regularly stocked items are accepted within 30 days of original purchase subject to the following terms and conditions:
- All returned items must be accompanied by their original receipt, in their original packaging, unused and in good condition. Lumber and panel items must not be cut, weathered, or otherwise show any signs of use to receive credit. We cannot offer returns for special order items, items marked final sale or items sold more than 30 days previous.
- Refunds will be issued by the original method of payment. In the event payment was made by cheque, refunds will be subject to a 14 day waiting period from time of original purchase, after which a company cheque will be issued to the customer to complete the refund process.
- Returns of large quantities may take up to 5 business days to process due to verification procedures.
To return product not stocked physically in the store, customers are asked to see a member of our yard staff to receive an RMA for goods they are returning. Returns will be accepted by yard staff at their discretion. Once an RMA has been obtained, customers can then visit the store to receive their credit.
In the event you require a pickup of returns from your jobsite, fuel surcharge plus a handling charge may apply.
RETURNS & REFUNDS FOR ONLINE PURCHASES
How to return items purchased online
Before starting the process to return an item please read the Requirements for Returns section below.
To return an item please email Customer Service at e2eae501eYaQ32DDeIYaaQWscSa2SWRPQW48Q6P17| and attach a copy of your original purchase invoice. If there are multiple items on the invoice, please note in the email which item it is you want to return.
Upon review by one of our associates, an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) form will be send to you by email. A copy of this RMA is required to be returned to us with the items you wish to receive credit for so that you can be properly credited.
Send all returns to:
Attention: Online Sales Returns
Allen Lumber Holdings Limited
668 Peel Street
Woodstock, Ontario Canada
Requirements for Returns
- Items must be returned within 30 days of receipt of purchase.
- Items returned after 30 days from receipt of original purchase will not be refunded.
- Items must be in new condition.
- Items must not have been used or show signs of use.
- Items must be returned with all original packaging and accessories.
- Items must be unopened and still in their original wrap and/or packaging.
- Shoes and clothing must be unworn.
- RMA form must accompany the item(s) being returned.
Cost of Returning Items
All costs of a return, for example: courier costs, are the responsibility of the purchaser. Costs of returning any product will not be refunded.
If all of the requirements are met the original purchase amount including the original shipping charges will be refunded based on the original purchase method. If all of the requirements have not been met, no refund will be given, the customer will be contacted and will have the option of having the item(s) returned to them freight collect.
Note: Your return will be reviewed and processed as soon as we receive the returned product. Please allow 30 days for return shipping, processing and for a credit to display on your credit card statement.
If you do not see your refund on your credit card statement or you have not been contacted by our Customer Service Department within 30 days please email Customer Service at e2eae221Arid2kpASriidwoE@ip@wVBdwkGdCB3Z| and ask for an update regarding your return. Please quote the RMA # of your return in the subject line of your email.
IN-STORE SPECIAL ORDER POLICY
We will gladly special order your item should we not have it as a regularly stocked product, subject to the following policies.
- All special orders are subject to a minimum 25% Deposit at the time of order. (Deposit is waived for house account holders.)
- NO RETURNS will be accepted on special order or non-stock merchandise.
- Special order items and deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Special orders CANNOT BE CANCELLED once placed with our suppliers.
- We are not responsible for production delays or other unforeseen circumstances that delay delivery of any special order. We will provide an estimate of the lead time required for your item to come in to best of our ability, however we cannot guarantee a lead time in any case.
Customers will be asked to sign a form acknowledging our special order policies and that they have reviewed the order for accuracy.